I'll walk you through the process of configuring your File History settings in Windows 10, to help keep your documents safe and accessible.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this video I review…how to configure file history.…I'll be showing you how to set up when to backup files,…how to set up how long to keep those files,…what to back up, and where to back up.…File history has default settings, for example,…it automatically backs up your files every hour.…But you can select a different time and make other changes.…You'll do that using the More Options link here…in the Back up using File History section of the Backup tab.…Starting with the Backup Now button,…that'll let you just go ahead and manually create a backup.…
Notice that my data is not yet backed up,…so let's go ahead and perform a backup.…Here you can choose when to backup your files.…The default is every hour, but you can do…as often as every 10 minutes, 15, 20,…30 minutes, three hours, six, 12 hours, or daily.…You can choose how long to keep your backups,…until space is needed, one month,…three, six, nine months, one year or two years,…or forever, which is the default.…You can also choose which folders to backup.…
Note: The course maps to the Manage Updates and Recovery domain from the Configuring Windows Devices exam (70-697).
- Configuring system restore points
- Completing a system restore
- Performing a Windows refresh or reset
- Creating a system image
- Working with Windows Recovery Environment
- Configuring File History
- Recording files
- Configuring and managing updates