Learn what is required to set up a Direct Access infrastructure in an enterprise including but not limited to what's required of the Windows Server, what's required from the Direct Access Server, how to verify the deployment, and finally, where to go in Windows 10 on the client to connect using Direct Access.
- [Instructor] You learned earlier in this course,…that you can create a VPN to let clients connect…to an enterprise network over an unsecure connection,…such as one in a hotel or a coffee house hotspot,…while still keeping that user and your network secure.…It's easy to create a VPN on a client too,…and most settings are configured automatically…behind the scenes.…VPNs are most often user-initiated though,…which means that the client decides…whether to use them or not.…Additionally, a VPN isn't the most secure option…when it comes to connecting to an enterprise network.…
And can be costly to implement and maintain…as it applies to a corporation's infrastructure.…There is another remote access option called DirectAccess.…It's newer, inherently more secure,…and is machine-initiated,…which means it connects and stays connected…without user intervention.…DirectAccess supports multi-factor authentication…like VPNs do,…but is less costly in the long run when compared to VPNs.…DirectAccess can be used alongside VPNs when necessary.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.