Understand what Microsoft's Credential Manager does and how to access it from Control Panel. Explore existing web credentials and Windows credentials. Remove a credential or show a password. Backup Windows credentials and restore them if necessary. Add credentials manually: Windows, certificate-based, generic.
- [Instructor] Have you ever wondered…how Windows manages your usernames and passwords?…Well, it saves them using a feature…called Credential Manager.…Credential Manager is available in Control Panel,…and when Icon View is enabled, it has its own entry.…There are two kinds of credentials.…Web Credentials and Windows Credentials.…Here, Web Credentials is selected.…These are associated with login information…for websites for the most part.…If you expand any entry under Web Credentials,…you can see the web address, username,…and the browser that was used when the password was saved.…
It also offers the password,…and you can click Show to see it.…I won't do that.…You'll have to click Show to see it.…You'll have to input the required credentials…to see it, though, which is likely the information…associated with your computer account.…I'll click Cancel.…This is certainly handy should you ever forget a password.…No more resetting via a webpage for sure.…You can remove a credential by clicking Remove.…Windows will forget it, and if you return to the site,…
Note: The course also maps to the third part of MCSA exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10. Taking this course will prepare you for objectives in the Manage and Maintain Windows domain of the test.
- Configuring Windows Update
- Updating Windows apps
- Reviewing event logs
- Using Resource Monitor and Performance Monitor
- Managing security with Windows Defender
- Creating a recovery drive
- Restoring and recovering files
- Recovering the OS with Windows Recovery
- Configuring authorization and authentication
- Securing Windows 10 with passwords
- Joining workgroups and domains
- Creating and using accounts
- Automating tasks with PowerShell
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Updates
2. Monitor Windows
3. Configure System and Data Recovery
4. Configure Authorization and Authentication
5. Configure Advanced
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.