Here, I'll show you how to complete a Windows 10 System Restore from within Windows itself.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this video I'll be demonstrating…how to do a System Restore from within Windows 10.…There are two ways to do these restores…from within Windows or during boot.…I prefer to perform these in Windows itself,…but there are times when you can't boot into Windows,…so you'll have to do it from the boot,…which I demonstrated in the previous video.…So to start from the Windows icon, do a search for recovery,…and that'll bring up the Recovery section…of the control panel.…And from here, click on Configure System Restore,…and then click on the System Restore button.…
Now if this is your first time doing a System Restore…you just click on the Next button.…If you had previously done a System Restore,…you'll get this dialogue, with two options.…Undo that restore or Choose a different restore point,…I'm gonna choose that option.…And now let's scan for affected programs,…what's gonna be affected if I complete this restore.…Will there be any affected apps or programs?…And Windows is saying that there will be none, no effects,…
Note: The course maps to the Manage Updates and Recovery domain from the Configuring Windows Devices exam (70-697).
- Configuring system restore points
- Completing a system restore
- Performing a Windows refresh or reset
- Creating a system image
- Working with Windows Recovery Environment
- Configuring File History
- Recording files
- Configuring and managing updates