Review Windows 10 boot issues and see how to create Windows 10 Recovery Media.
- [Instructor] One of the most daunting experiences…for a user and also a help desk technician is…when they find a PC that won't boot to Windows.…So that we can resolve issues for non-booting PCs,…we need to explore to explore the built-in advanced…and startup tools in Windows 10.…We can use these tools to repair, reset,…and restore devices that encounter starter problems.…The tools are available in the advanced boot options menu…and within the normal GUI.…Before troubleshooting boot up issues,…we should first take a quick review…of how the boot process works in Windows 10.…
When a PC is turned on,…the system performs various checks…that are done to make sure…that PC components are working correctly.…This is known as a Power-On Self Test, or POST.…The BIOS then looks for an operating system…and the operating system will take over the boot process.…It's a little more complicated than that,…but we've covered the basics.…Boot issues can be caused by one of three problems,…hardware, software, or firmware issues.…Let's take a look at each of these in turn.…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.