Learn how to use the ScanState tool to collect files and settings in preparation for a Windows 10 migration.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I want to show you…how to use the ScanState tool to collect…all of the settings and configurations items…that are going to be used…in an eventual migration to Windows 10.…So, what we need to do is open up…an administrative command prompt window.…I'm going to click on the start button,…and then I'm going to click on all programs,…accessories, and then I'm going to right click…on command prompt and choose run as administrator.…This will launch and administrative command prompt window.…And it is very important to run this as an administrator,…because the process will fail if you don't.…
I'm going to click yes to allow the command prompt…to make changes to the operating system,…and I'm taken into the command prompt window.…So the next thing that we need to do is navigate…to the folder where the ScanState tool exists.…I'm going to type "cd\"…and then if we need to refresh our memory…about where the tool's located,…we can type "dir scanstate.exe"…and then "/s."…And here we have the path of the ScanState tool.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.