Select a clean installation or an upgrade given a specific set of circumstances. Discover the advantages and disadvantages of each option. Consider the user and environment, user experience, and other factors.
- [Instructor] If your computer runs Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, … you have two options for getting it … up and running with Windows 10. … You can perform an upgrade … and keep your files, settings, and so on, … or you can format your hard drive starting from scratch … and opt to install Windows 10 clean. … But how do you know which one to choose? … Although there aren't any hard and fast rules, … there are some general guidelines. … One thing to consider when deciding … how to install Windows 10 … is to look at who is currently using the machine. … If your user is a home user … and has lots of data they need to keep … and has a lot of installed applications, … it might be best to install Windows as an upgrade, … provided the computer is healthy, of course. … And if there are multiple accounts, … that's okay too because those accounts … will still be available after the installation completes. … Printers, network connections, backup drives, … and other hardware will stay installed … and configured as well, …
- Choosing an upgrade or new installation
- Choosing a Windows 10 edition
- Creating installation media
- Installing and upgrading Windows 10
- Troubleshooting group policies on devices
- Configuring and managing device drivers
- Configuring the desktop
- Configuring notifications
- Configuring Cortana and Hyper-V
- Using Active Directory-based activation
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Configure and Support Core Serviceswith Joli Ballew2h 56m Intermediate
Windows 10: Manage and Maintain Windows 10with Joli Ballew2h 29m Intermediate
Setting up Windows1m 28s
1. Prepare for Installation
2. Perform the Installation
3. Configure Devices by Using Local Policies
4. Configure and Manage Device Drivers
5. Perform Post Installation Tasks
6. Explore Enterprise Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.