Learn how to check to see what's printing, cancel a print job, review printing jobs, and get an app for the printer.
- [Instructor] Most printers,…especially the all-in-one models,…feature an interactive control panel.…The screen displays the printer's current status,…offering information about the network connection,…ink level, paper stock, and other stuff.…Even if the printer doesn't feature such a control panel,…it may use a program in Windows that reports its status.…Use this software tool to get more information…about the printer and resolve some issues.…The things you want to do with the control panel…are cancel a print job,…check the printer's overall condition including ink levels,…paper stock, and any jams, and review network settings.…
When you print, the application generates a print job.…The operating system takes over,…sending the job to the printer and giving you the option…of terminating the job if something doesn't go right.…The issue with canceling a print job in Windows is…that the document may print faster than you can cancel.…Once the printer has accepted the job,…Windows is out of the picture.…Otherwise, when you print,…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.