Explore restarting the modem, restarting the network, troubleshooting Wi-Fi connections, and learn some tips for properly configuring a router and setting up a Wi-Fi network.
- [Instructor] Network hardware trouble festers…in several locations.…The good news is that most network hardware…is pretty reliable.…Also, the fixes are kind of simple.…For example, and most internet service providers…relate this troubleshooting technique,…to solve internet connection issues,…turn off the broadband modem, wait about 30 seconds,…and then turn it back on.…Of course, turning it off really means unplugging the thing.…I do this often enough that I've wrapped colored tape…around the broadband modem's power cord.…
I just unplug the cord, wait, then plug it back in again.…Most of the time, this trick solves the problem.…If unplugging the modem doesn't work,…then you must unplug the modem and the router.…That's assuming that the network has both devices separate.…When you power down both the modem and the router,…reconnect the modem first.…Wait for all its lights to come on,…specifically the ready light, if it has one.…After the modem is up, plug in the router.…When the router is up and running,…the rest of the network should be active.…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.