Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Chapter 2 review, part of IoT Development with Windows 10 IoT Core 2: Enabling the Cloud and Security.
- [Narrator] Well that was a fair amount of…heavy lifting and coding,…but our Weatherware app is done…except for connecting to the cloud.…So what did we do?…We created a new blank UWP app…and made sure that ran on the raspberry pi.…Then we designed our user experience,…both a user experience for the screen…for debugging purposes and added a logging mechanism.…As well as thought through the user experience…for how a user would interact with our thing.…Using only the joystick and the display.…Next we implemented access to all the sensors.…
The joystick,…the screen,…the temperature sensors.…We followed that by implementing access to the…Weather Underground XML feed to get the current…temperature and forecast.…And finally we implemented our state machine…so that our thing can come to life.…So we could go through light show number one.…Ask the user whether they agree with the…temperature forecast.…Ask them whether they agree with the sky forecast,…and then sit there and monitor it.…It's a typically internet of things configuration…
- Reviewing hardware options
- Exploring the Sense HAT
- Assembling a prototype
- Designing and implementing UX
- Implementing sensor access
- Reviewing cloud options
- Installing cloud tools
- Sending data to the cloud
- Reviewing Windows 10 IoT security
- Planning for production security
- Moving from prototype to production
Skill Level Beginner
Android App Development: Internet of Thingswith Michael Lehman2h 11m Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update New Featureswith Nick Brazzi1h 9m Appropriate for all
IoT Foundations: Low-Power Wireless Networkingwith Ryan Hu2h 32m Intermediate
1. Designing an IoT Product with Windows
2. Building the WeatherWare Device
3. Connecting to the Cloud
4. Securing Your Device
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.