When you first set up your computer, you can choose to sign in with a Microsoft Online Account, or a simple local account. If you decide to change this login type later, you can do that. This video shows you how to change from a local account to a Microsoft Online Account and vice-versa.
- [Tutor] When you first set up Windows…it's important to choose the right type of account…that you use to sign into your computer.…It'll be either a Microsoft online account…or a basic local account with a simple name and password.…But now I want to talk about what you should do…if you change your mind about…which type of account you want to use…to sign into Windows,…and I want to start with the scenario…where you set up your computer with a basic local account;…a simple user name and password…that does not link to a Microsoft online account.…
In this case you have no access to OneDrive…or any of Microsoft's other cloud services.…So I'm going to go into Settings,…into the Accounts category,…and I want you to see that I am signed in…with a local account,…just a simple user name and password,…not a Microsoft online account,…and this is different from the account…that I've been using before in the rest…of this training course.…So let's say you've got this set up…and you want to switch to a Microsoft online account.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.