Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Copying to a thumb drive, part of Windows 10: Organizing Files and Folders.
- This challenge requires that you use the sample exercise…files for this course, as well as a thumb drive.…So I'm assuming that you have a…thumb drive available and ready for use.…Insert the thumb drive into your PC.…You can ignore any auto play notification.…In the exercise files folder, copy the contents…of all the correspondence and letters folders…to the thumb drive, and then when you're done,…properly remove the thumb dive.…This exercise should take about five minutes to complete…or less time if you followed specific movies…presented earlier in this course.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall which tab to select to see additional details about files and folders.
- Determine the hierarchy of folders.
- Explain how to create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Summarize the steps taken to add files from a folder to the Documents library.
- Recognize the benefits of file compression.
- List three common storage device formats.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand File Basics
2. Organize Projects
3. Control Mass Storage
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.