Join Dan Gookin for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Building a library, part of Windows 10: Organizing Files and Folders.
- [Instructor] Various folders in this course as examples…deal with Letters or Correspondence.…Your challenge is to create a general Correspondence…library to hold them all.…Name the new library Correspondence…and scour the Exercise Example folder…for various Correspondence and Letters folders…to add to the library.…When you're done, create a shortcut to the library…in the main Exercise File folder.…This challenge should take you about…five minutes to complete.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall which tab to select to see additional details about files and folders.
- Determine the hierarchy of folders.
- Explain how to create a shortcut on your desktop.
- Summarize the steps taken to add files from a folder to the Documents library.
- Recognize the benefits of file compression.
- List three common storage device formats.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understand File Basics
2. Organize Projects
3. Control Mass Storage
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.