Learn how to use the ScanState tool to calculate the size of the migration store.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to calculate the migration store size…in preparation for migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10.…So right now, I'm about to install the Windows Assessment…and Deployment Kit.…We used the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit…in one of the other videos,…but that video used the Windows 10 version.…In this case, we're using the Window 8.1 version,…which you can see right here…because that's what's required for Windows 7.…So, the installation process…is going to be very similar to what…you've seen in some of the earlier videos.…
So, I'm going to go with…the default installation path and click next.…And, I'm not going to to worry about…joining the Customer Experience Improvement Program.…I'm just going to click next.…And, then I'm going to accept the license agreement.…And, then the next thing that we have to do…is install the User State Migration Tool,…and I've got a checkbox for that, right here.…And, I'm going to clear the other checkboxes.…It won't hurt anything if you leave those selected,…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.