Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Bypassing the sign in screen, part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- If you've ever shut down your computer…or restarted Windows, you know it can…feel somewhat time-consuming to get back in.…Everything has to relaunch.…Typically, you arrive at a locked screen where you need…to select your user account, type in your password,…and then, finally, you arrive here…ready to start using Windows 10.…Well, if you feel like you're in a secure enough…environment, and you're the only one using the computer,…you can bypass all of that,…and I'm going to show you how now.…First, you'll go down to the Search field here.…
Just click inside and type in run, r-u-n.…You can see the desktop app labeled Run, right at the top,…give it a click, and next in the open field,…you're going to type in the following, n-e-t-p-l-w-i-z.…You can type over anything that might be there already…or if it's your first time, it's an empty field.…Just type that in and click OK.…It's going to launch the user account's window.…Now with the user's tab selected,…you'll see a list of users.…For me, looking at this list, I probably wouldn't want to…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.