The open-source HoloToolkit accelerates HoloLens app development. Use the HoloToolkit build module to streamline building and deploying your HoloLens apps.
- [Instructor] It's time to actually do the build.…To do this, we can click the build button…right here in the bottom of our shipping screen.…Unity is now asking us: where do we want to put our files?…Unity will create Visual Studio solution for us…that contains all the code we need to run our app.…Of course, it needs a location for this,…so we just going to create a new folder,…if I click on a new folder button, and give it a name.…I choose name VS for Visual Studio.…Enter the name and click select folder.…
Unity will now do everything it needs to do…to set up our project for us.…It will create a Visual Studio solution…and adds the project that we need to it.…This might take a while.…Once Unity is done building the solution for us,…it will open Explorer and show us the newly created folder…that contains all the solution files that we need.…Now there's a warning I want to give right here:…at the bottom of this screen,…you can see the HelloHoloWorld.slm file.…This is not the file that's been created.…This is the file that Unity uses…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.