Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Browsing the web securely with Edge, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Voiceover] Windows 10 includes a new web browser…from Microsoft called Edge, so I'd like to…demonstrate to you a few configuration changes in Edge…that could make your web browsing more secure.…So open up the Edge web browser…and then in the upper right hand corner…I'll click on the three dots,…that'll open up a menu,…the bottom item in the menu is Settings.…In the Settings menu I'll scroll…all the way to the bottom and go to View Advanced Settings.…In the Advanced Settings tab there are several settings.…
I'm gonna focus on the security-related ones.…So for Block pop-ups, I would recommend having that on,…mostly because pop-ups are annoying…but also in some cases they can be a security concern…if the pop-up contains a virus or a Trojan.…Use Adobe Flash Player?…I would recommend that to be off.…There have been some security concerns…around Adobe Flash Player recently,…so unless you absolutely need it,…I would recommend turning it off.…Scrolling down a little bit,…we see the option Offer to save passwords.…
I recommend having that off.…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Windows 8: Networking and Securitywith Steve Fullmer4h 27m Advanced
1. Authentication and Accounts
4. Virus and Malware
5. Network Security
6. Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy1m 56s
7. Remote Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.