Photos is an application in Windows 10 for storing, organizing, and editing pictures. In this video, see how to import some pictures, look at the organization structure, then do some basic editing.
- [Instructor] Windows 10 has a bundled application…for storing, organizing,…and editing your collection of photos.…This application is simply called Photos.…So let's dive in and take a look.…I'll go into the Start menu, find the Photos application,…and click on that to launch it.…When you launch this application,…you might see a list of your pictures,…or you might see a screen like this.…I'm seeing this screen…because I do not have any pictures in my library yet.…So the first thing we want to talk about is…where your photos are stored…and how you can add new photos to your library.…
And to do that, I'll need to go into File Explorer,…and I want to specifically look…at the folder called Pictures.…That's one of the default folders…that comes with your computer.…So there are a few ways to get photos into your library,…and one way is to simply add them…to this folder on your hard drive.…Or if you use OneDrive,…you can also add them to the Pictures folder…that exists on your OneDrive.…Remember, one of those is local storage on your computer,…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.