Saving a favorite, or bookmarking a website, allows you to identify a site or page so that you can access it easily at a later time. This video covers the controls for saving favorites in Edge.
- [Narrator] As you browse the web…you're sure to find some web pages…that you want to come back to…on a regular basis or maybe just some pages…that you want to remember so you…can visit them again in the future.…In those situations you should mark…those pages as Favorites.…Some other web browsers refer…to these as bookmarks, but Edge uses…the word Favorites.…There are a few ways to create…and access Favorites.…First I want to activate a few optional interface elements…so that we can see the tools we have.…You may decide to turn these off later,…but I want to have them on for now.…
First I need to open up the Hub.…If I go up to the toolbar up here at the top,…this button right here will open up the Hub.…There are a few different categories here.…We want to make sure we're on the first one…which will be Favorites.…Also if you click anywhere outside of the Hub,…it goes away because it is a temporary floating panel.…I want it stay open.…I'm going to click to open up the Hub again…then I'll click on this button that looks…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 12/08/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: understanding essential folder structure, including the user folder; using shortcuts to files and folders; and creating 3D objects in Paint 3D.
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.