Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking notifications with "quiet hours", part of Windows 10: Tips and Tricks.
- Have you ever been working away…and notifications start popping up…maybe reminding you of an event…you have scheduled in your Calendar…or telling you that you have new email…from somebody in Outlook?…Well, those notifications can be turned off…when you do not want to be disturbed.…It's called quiet hours.…We're going to take a look at that now,…as well as some other options…for working with notifications.…First, we'll go down to the bottom right-hand corner…and click the Action Center icon.…When you click that, you'll see…if you have any tips…or notifications showing up on the list.…
But down below you'll see some tiles,…some quick action tiles…where you can do things like,…there it is, turn on quiet hours.…Give it a click.…With that turned on, those notifications…you see popping up while you're working…will be suppressed.…They'll be gathered up here in the Action Center…so you can go to them later.…But it's a great way to work undisturbed.…So you just click in the background…to continue working without seeing those notifications.…
- Customizing the startup environment
- Running multiple virtual desktops
- Saving files to PDF
- Locking your screen
- Enabling "God mode"
- Configuring automatic app updates
- Enabling Tablet mode on a PC
- Fine-tuning power settings
- Working with time-saving apps, tools, and utilities
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Top 10
2. Keyboard Shortcuts
3. Efficiency Tips
4. Display Tips
5. Performance Tips
6. Useful Apps, Tools, and Utilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.