Learn about recovering BitLocker protected drives, including enabling BitLocker, unlocking protected drives, and managing keys and portable drives.
- [Narrator] BitLocker drive encryption…is a data-protection feature that protects…Windows 10 users from data theft…should their device be stolen or lost.…Once a hard drive or USB thumb drive is encrypted…using BitLocker, the data cannot be accessed…without the appropriate unlock key.…This unlock key can be stored in a variety of places,…but the most secure protection is when…a trusted platform module, or TPM,…is used to securely hold the key.…
BitLocker encryption can be enabled…on a hard drive or a USB thumb drive in a number of ways.…These include using the manage BitLocker item…found in the system and security area of the control panel,…by using the manage hyphen BDE command line tool,…or by right clicking the drive in file explorer…and selecting manager BitLocker,…and administrators can also configure BitLocker…in an enterprise environment via the user group policy…or with a mobile device management solution,…such as Microsoft Intune.…
During the set up phase of BitLocker,…you need to choose how the protected drive…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.