Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Authorization vs. authentication, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- Let's now talk about data security…and how to secure your data.…Before proceeding with my coverage on protecting your data…in Windows 10,…it'll be helpful here to define the difference…between Authentication and Authorization.…Authorization is the process of verifying…that you have access to something.…Granting access to a resource, such as a hard disk…or a folder on the disk because you have permissions…configured that allow you to access that.…And that's called Authorization.…I'll be addressing this part of data security…in this chapter here.…
Authentication is the process of verifying who you are.…Logging into a PC with a username and a password…is a form of Authentication.…I'll be addressing this part of data security…later in the course.…In summary, Authorization is about…what someone is allowed to do.…Authentication is about who somebody is.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.