Learn how to attach removable media to a Hyper-V virtual machine.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to attach removable media, such as a DVD drive,…to a virtual machine.…So here we are in the Hyper-V Manager,…and we've got two virtual machines.…I have a Windows 10 virtual machine,…and a Windows XP virtual machine.…Now the reason why I've created two virtual machines…is because these two virtual machines…are running two different generations.…Our Windows 10 virtual machine…is a generation two virtual machine,…and that's the newer virtual machine format.…The Windows XP virtual machine is…a generation one virtual machine,…and that's Microsoft's older format.…
Now the way that you would attach…removable media to a virtual machine…varies depending on the virtual machine generation,…so let's start with our generation two virtual machine.…If I double-click on the virtual machine,…that's going to open up the console.…So here we can see our Windows 10 virtual machine,…and you'll notice up here I have an option called Media.…If I click on Media, we have a menu option…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.