Learn how to revert a virtual machine to a previous state by using a checkpoint.
- [Instructor] In this video, I want to show you…how to apply a checkpoint to a Hyper-V virtual machine.…If you think back to the previous video, you'll recall…that we created a checkpoint of a virtual machine;…and we can see that checkpoint right here.…So we have two containers.…We have one marked Windows 10 with a date and time stamp,…and then we have one marked now.…The now container marks the state of the virtual machine…as it exists right this moment.…The container that has the date and time stamp…reflects the state of the virtual machine…at the time that the checkpoint was created.…So we can use this checkpoint to revert the virtual machine…back to a previous point in time.…
So let's go ahead and do that.…What I want to do is open up the virtual machine console,…and let's make a change to the virtual machine.…I'm just going to right-click on the desktop,…and I'm going to go to Personalize;…and what we can do is change the virtual machine background.…I'll change this to a solid color,…and I'll use something really obvious like bright red.…
This hands-on, practical course covers the skills necessary for a system admin to plan deployments in Windows 10—and prepare for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of Microsoft Certification exam 70-697. Brien Posey shows how to perform a migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10, enable and configure Hyper-V, configure mobility options, and work with power plans. Plus, he explains how to encrypt a drive using BitLocker.
Review the learning objectives for the Plan Desktop and Device Deployment domain of exam 70-697 at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-697.aspx.
- Migrating and configuring user data
- Collecting files and settings from a source computer
- Restoring files to a destination computer
- Configuring Hyper-V
- Creating and managing a virtual switch
- Modifying a virtual machine
- Configuring mobility options
- Working with the Windows Mobility Center
- Configuring security for mobile devices
- Encrypting a drive
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10: Intune Device Managementwith Ryan Spence1h 39m Intermediate
1. Migrate and Configure User Data
2. Configuring Hyper-V
3. Configure Mobility Options
4. Configure Security for Mobile Devices
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.