This video demonstrates how to apply basic NTFS sharing permissions.
- [Instructor] Let me now demonstrate…how to apply NTFS permissions.…This is probably the best way to get a handle on these…is to just try different types of demonstrations…of applying these.…So let me give you two.…A basic one in this movie…and a more complex one in the next movie.…It's important to understand NTFS folder permissions…and their relationships,…so you can apply these permissions effectively…and sort out problems when they occur.…My first tip is to always apply NTFS permissions to folders,…not individual files.…
The main reason is that, by default,…all items inside of the folder inherit the permissions,…also referred to as access control lists or ACLs,…from the folder they're in.…That is, if the read and execute option is enabled.…This strategy let's you organize your security…by folder settings, making them a lot easier to manage.…Now you'll view and modify…file or folder permissions in Windows…by right-clicking on them in the file explorer.…Choosing properties and then you're going to do that…from the security tab.…
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.