Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video Apply NTFS permissions, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson, I provide a basic example…demonstrating how to use NTSF Permissions…to set up different kinds of security on your networks.…Let's say that you're an administrator and have a folder…that you want to share with another user…on this computer or on the network.…However, nonadmin users should not be able…to delete documents other than their own documents.…Let me show you how to set up sharing permissions…using NTSF sharing to do this.…You're going to start in the File Explorer,…and right-click on the folder where you want to set up…your permissions and choose,…from the contextual menu, Properties.…
That brings up the Document Properties for that folder.…Click on the Security tab.…So, you're going to want to set up a User group,…and with this group, you're going to want…to give them minimal permissions.…This will be just Read & execute.…So, turn off everything except Read & execute.…That gives these users permission to open…and modify all files but to delete these files.…Next, you'll want to establish a Creator_owner account.…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.