Review app compatibility, including application compatibility workflow.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how…to troubleshoot software issues…using some application compatibility tools.…When you upgrade your operating system,…you need to discover which of your existing applications…will work with the new system.…Also, if your in-house team developed new line…of business applications,…you need to ensure that these will work as intended.…You can use a variety of tools from Microsoft,…including the Application Compatibility Tools, or ACT,…to help manage application compatibility.…You first need to discover the size of the problem.…
Some organizations literally have thousands…of applications installed across their network.…Now, not all of these applications are necessary…or required and you may be able to remove…and discard a good proportion of any legacy…or unwanted or unsupported apps.…You then have to focus on fixing the incompatible apps.…Remember that for each application…that needs compatibility testing and potentially fixing,…there will be a cost that can be associated…with the process and any remediation necessary.…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10: Troubleshooting for IT Supportwith Andrew Bettany3h 42m Intermediate
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.