Explore App compatibility and the Upgrade Readiness tool, as well as the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
- [Instructor] When we consider troubleshooting…software problems, this includes looking at app…compatibility options and resource issues…that can affect software running on our devices.…We all use applications and we're familiar…with both online apps running inside a browser,…such as an online banking portal or Office Online,…and then apps that run locally on our PC,…such as using a spreadsheet to work on company data.…Windows 10 introduces modern apps,…also known as Universal Windows Platform apps,…and these can work across multiple device platforms…running Windows 10, such as tablets,…phones, laptops, and desktops.…
For older legacy apps, achieving compatibility…is much more difficult, as they were typically written…for specific devices and operating system platforms.…It's likely in future that we'll see more apps using the web…where the app is in the cloud,…perhaps powered by Microsoft Azure,…and we just need to connect to a website…using any browser from any platform.…Legacy apps need to be able to communicate…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.