Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Allowing Remote Desktop through firewall, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Voiceover] By default, Windows Firewall will block…all Remote Desktop connections.…So we're going to need to create a rule in Windows Firewall…to allow some Windows Desktop connections.…I'll open up the Firewall with Advanced Security settings,…and I'll look at my Inbound Rules,…I already have one for Remote Desktop, because I am in fact,…remoted into the computer I am recording on.…So I'll scroll down, and we'll take a look at this rule.…
Actually, I have one for the Domain network profile,…and one for the Private network profile.…Other than that, the settings are exactly the same.…I'll double click on it,…and first we see a warning saying…this rule has been applied by the system administrator…and cannot be modified.…That is because I used Group Policy to create this rule.…In the Program and Services tab,…we'll notice I did not limit it to a specific program,…instead I am limiting it to a specific port.…
We'll see that on an upcoming tab.…On the Remote Computers tab,…I did not list specific computers,…and that is because I'm limiting it to…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
Windows 8: Networking and Securitywith Steve Fullmer4h 27m Advanced
1. Authentication and Accounts
4. Virus and Malware
5. Network Security
6. Group Policy
Overview of Group Policy1m 56s
7. Remote Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.