Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Allowing Remote Desktop through firewall, part of Securing Windows 10.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] By default, Windows Firewall will block…all Remote Desktop connections.…So we're going to need to create a rule in Windows Firewall…to allow some Windows Desktop connections.…I'll open up the Firewall with Advanced Security settings,…and I'll look at my Inbound Rules,…I already have one for Remote Desktop, because I am in fact,…remoted into the computer I am recording on.…So I'll scroll down, and we'll take a look at this rule.…
Actually, I have one for the Domain network profile,…and one for the Private network profile.…Other than that, the settings are exactly the same.…I'll double click on it,…and first we see a warning saying…this rule has been applied by the system administrator…and cannot be modified.…That is because I used Group Policy to create this rule.…In the Program and Services tab,…we'll notice I did not limit it to a specific program,…instead I am limiting it to a specific port.…
We'll see that on an upcoming tab.…On the Remote Computers tab,…I did not list specific computers,…and that is because I'm limiting it to…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections