Azure RemoteApp brings remote access to Windows programs on multiple devices within the reach of smaller businesses that would find other options prohibitively complex and expensive and insecure. I'll discuss this and some of the other advantages of using it.
- [Voiceover] Previously, I demonstrated…how Microsoft RemoteApp service uses…the Azure Global Network of Microsoft-managed datacenters…to deliver applications accessed remotely…through remote desktop services…as if they were running on the end user's local computer.…Although RemoteApp is integrated…with the client's desktop applications,…it actually runs on a Windows server…in the Azure cloud so users can share apps…and resources on almost any device.…Let me now review some of the advantages…of using Microsoft Azure RemoteApp streaming services.…
Their first advantage is it's cheaper.…Since apps are hosted in the cloud,…you have fewer hardware and software expenses.…Microsoft takes care of all the server hardware…and scaling to meet user demands.…Apps can scale up or down,…responding to changing user needs without expensive,…on-premises infrastructure or complexity.…You also avoid the hardware expense of most VDI setups…where storage can quickly make desktop remoting expensive.…Since you're using server images instead…
Note: This course maps to the "Manage apps" domain of the Configure Windows Devices exam 70-697.
- Deploying via Azure RemoteApp
- Setting up cloud, cloud + VNet and hybrid collections
- Publishing RemoteApp apps
- Understanding real-world uses for RemoteApp
- Deploying and managing mobile apps with Intune
- Deploying virtual machines with Hyper-V
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Deploy and Manage Azure RemoteApp
2. Real-World Applications for RemoteApp
Next Steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.