Join Martin Guidry for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced Remote Desktop configuration using Group Policy, part of Windows 10: Security.
- [Voiceover] To configure some…of the more advanced security options…regarding remote desktop,…we'll need to use group policy.…You can either use domain based group policy,…or local group policy.…In this demonstration we're gonna look…at local group policy.…Off the Start menu, I'll type in group policy,…and we'll see the top option comes up…as edit group policy.…That'll open up the Local Group Policy Editor.…And we're gonna have to drill down…to find what we want.…It's under Computer Configuration.…
I'll open up Administrative Templates…then Windows Components.…Scroll down a little and find Remote Desktop Services.…In there what we're interested in…is the Remote Desktop Host.…And in there the first thing we'll look…at is Security.…In here you'll see a handful of settings,…several of which have the word encryption in it.…The preferred one to manipulate,…and this is a recommendation from Microsoft,…is to use the one called…Require use of specific security layer.…
So I'll double-click on that.…If we enable it, we'll get a dropdown…
In this course, Martin Guidry helps you work through each essential security step. He takes you through familiar ground, standard account setup, covering accounts, passwords, users groups, and permissions. He also takes you through unfamiliar territory, enhanced features and new products, examining BitLocker, Wi-Fi Sense, Windows Defender, and Edge, the new web browser. This course provides instructional step-by-step walkthroughs in addition to best practice discussions. Learn how to protect your computer from a network attack, apply security policies in Group Policy, use remote desktop, and more.
- Setting up passwords, smart cards, and biometrics
- Creating groups and assigning permissions
- Assigning permissions
- Encrypting full discs, file transfers, and networks
- Using anti-virus and anti-malware solutions
- Configuring firewall settings
- Securing remote desktop connections
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 01/31/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: Windows Firewall, basic configuration of Remote Desktop, and controlling updates for Windows 10. In addition, new videos were added that cover Windows 10 S and virus and threat protection, device performance and health, firewall and network protection, and app and browser control with Windows Defender.