View the effective access permissions for files and folders.
- [Instructor] Let's review the advanced NTFS permissions…and how to view the effective access permissions…for files and folders.…On my demo PC, I'll open my demo folder,…and I can see several files…in my New York Launch - Highlights folder.…I'll select one of the that I want to view the permissions.…I'll select Properties and then the Security tab.…Here, we can see that there's four users or groups…that have been given permissions.…
Let's select Users,…and we can see the permission is grayed out.…This implies that the permission has been inherited…from the parent.…I'll click Edit, and notice for each group or user…that the permissions have been inherited.…Because the permissions are being inherited,…we can't remove them at this level.…When I try to remove a user,…I get a warning message advising me that I need…to turn off inheritance first.…
We can't allow explicit permissions at this level.…Let's configure the advanced permissions…by selecting the Advanced button.…On this screen, we can see there are three tabs:…
- Enterprise desktop support skills and traits
- Remote troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting hardware and device issues
- Using System Restore
- Securing user accounts
- Resolving networking issues
- Managing files and disks
- Troubleshooting sharing and file access issues
- Resolving app compatibility
- System resource issues: RAM, CPU, and more
- Essential Windows 10 maintenance
- Windows 10 startup issues
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introducing Enterprise Desktop Support
2. Remotely Troubleshooting Windows 10
3. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Hardware
4. Troubleshooting Users, Network, Disks, and Resources
5. Exploring App Compatibility Problems
6. Exploring System Resource Issues
7. Keeping Windows 10 Running: Essential Maintenance
8. Troubleshooting Windows 10 Startup Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.