Use Windows to update the display, set resolution, and properly adjust the monitor. Confirm that the best display adapter driver is installed.
- [Instructor] The internal part of your PC's graphic…system is the display adapter,…its hardware either part of the motherboard,…or dwelling on an expansion card.…Adjusting the display adapter is done in Windows.…In fact, I recommend that you confirm that the display…adapter and monitor are fully cooperating.…The goal is to ensure that the adapter is powering…the monitor at its native resolution.…Right-click the Windows desktop and choose Display settings.…The settings app appears and it shows all monitors…connected to your PC if you have more than one.…
Now you can set the monitors' relationship to each other,…and the monitors' orientation, you can also…individually set each monitor's resolution.…This PC has only one monitor, and if you see two,…click one to select it to adjust its settings individually.…Here I'm going to click the resolution menu,…for this one monitor, and you see a list…of resolutions available.…The recommended item is the ideal resolution for…the combination of this display adapter and this monitor.…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.