In versions of Windows before Windows 10, users adjusted settings in a tool called Control Panel. In Windows 10, Control Panel has been replaced by Windows Settings. However, the Control Panel is still available and even offers some options that are not available in Windows settings. This video shows how to access Control Panel for users who prefer it.
- [Instructor] In Windows 10, System Settings … are controlled in the Settings tool. … In older versions of Windows, … System Settings were found in the Control Panel. … If you used older versions of Windows, … you may prefer the old Control Panel. … Go to Settings in Windows 10. … Just go to the Start menu … and click the gear button to go to Settings. … Then use the search field at the top … to search for Control Panel. … Choose Control Panel from the search results. … That opens up the old Control Panel tool. … In Control Panel, you have alternative methods … and often more comprehensive controls … for adjusting several System Settings. … …
- Using multiple workspaces
- Increasing contrast and inverting colors
- Modifying the taskbar
- Managing files
- Removing preloaded apps and tiles
- Disabling notifications for specific apps
- Drawing a route in Maps
- Adjusting system settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Interface Tips
2. Modify the Taskbar
Hide the taskbar33s
3. File Management Tips
Zip and unzip files1m 23s
4. Working with Apps
5. System Settings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.