Audio settings can be very simple. You may want to simply adjust the volume level of your speakers. Or, you can do something more complex, like adjusting settings for multiple inputs and outputs on your system. Look at the most basic audio settings and take a look at where to find the more complex controls for multiple audio devices.
- [Narrator] As we look at important settings in Windows,…making adjustments to audio is pretty essential.…First I want to go into settings…and I want you to see that there really…is nothing here specifically for adjusting audio.…But if I go to the search field up here…at the top and search for audio,…you'll see there is this option to manage audio devices.…That opens up this window which is separate…from the normal settings application.…You can see there are a few tabs…and some adjustments that I can make.…But I want to talk about this window in a minute.…
For now I'm just going to close that.…Because I really want to start with…the most basic adjustment you would make to audio…and that is to change the volume level.…You can do that right from the task bar.…If you look at the system tray…in the task bar, you'll see this icon…that looks like a speaker.…If you click on that you get this slider…to adjust the volume.…All I need to do is grab that slider,…drag it and let go and it adjusts…the overall volume for any audio playing…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.