Learn how to determine whether the problem is with your computer, local network, or the Internet. Discover how to check for a down website and other ways to get on the network.
- [Instructor] The network seems fine.…You can access other computers,…you can print on a network printer.…But for some reason, you can't get out…on the Internet.…Is the Internet up or down?…Is the problem with a single webpage?…Is it your problem at all?…In Windows, a missing Internet connection…is evident from the task bar.…The network icon features a warning flag.…Right click the icon and choose Troubleshoot Problems.…You can work through the questions to see…whether Windows can resolve the issue.…
If it's the Internet that's down, however,…the troubleshooter merely confirms…what you already know.…To personally troubleshoot Internet connections,…start with the modem.…Is it on and receiving a signal?…Check the lights.…If the lights are off, the network is down.…Still, power cycle the modem.…Turn it off, wait, then turn it on again.…If resetting the modem doesn't work,…phone your ISP to see whether or not…the Internet is down in your area.…The problem might be with a single website.…So, try loading a popular website…
- Diagnosing the causes of PC issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and software
- Performing startup and system restore steps
- Accessing the Task Manager
- Using the Registry Editor
- Fixing Windows
- Checking and freeing storage
- Fixing common printer issues
- Troubleshooting audio
- Restoring network connectivity
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 3s
1. PC Trouble
2. Startup and Shutdown Issues
3. Problems and Solutions: Windows
4. Problems and Solutions: Mass Storage
5. Problems and Solutions: Printer
6. Problems and Solutions: Monitors and Graphics
Troubleshooting the monitor3m 54s
7. Problems and Solutions: Peripherals
8. Problems and Solutions: Networking
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.