Join Daniel Jacobson for an in-depth discussion in this video Additional resources, part of Building Cloud Connected Universal Windows Apps.
- [Instructor] I hope you have found this course…to be a useful resource to kickstart your UWP development.…In this video I'll show you some of my resources…to expand your knowledge.…Some of them we've already mentioned in this course,…and others are new.…Hopefully you will find them as helpful as I have.…To start off with, developer.microsoft.com/windows…has a lot of information,…from getting started guides…to full API documentation for UWP apps,…there's a lot to find here.…Microsoft has also published a lot of small samples…demonstrating many of the Windows APIs available.…
These area all hosted on GitHub.…If you go one level further into the samples folder,…you'll see all of the APIs demonstrated here.…Another resource that I found really helpful…is a free open-source book on building cloud-connected,…cross-platform mobile apps with Xamarin…and an Azure Mobile App backend.…This is an excellent resource to learn many of the more…advanced features of Azure Mobile Apps.…For example, if you want to leverage…the authentication we implemented in this course…
- Working with .NET for UWP app development
- Establishing application architecture
- Configuring Azure services
- Configuring the mobile app service backend
- Testing and publishing the service backend
- Using Facebook authentication
- Using XAML
- Client server abstraction API
- Using the UWP community toolkit
- Styling app views
- Creating adaptive views
- Testing an app for multiple user accounts
- Publishing to the Windows Store
- Sideloading app packages
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Before We Get Started
2. Build the Backend
3. Build the UWP App
4. Polish and Publish the App
Sideloading App packages2m 57s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.