Get overview of extra BitLocker functionality, including storing keys in Active Directory, suspending protection, and moving drives.
- [Narrator] We've seen how BitLocker protects drives…by using encryption…and how to recover a drive using a recovery key.…Let's now consider some other aspects of BitLocker…including integrating BitLocker into Active Directory,…Suspending Protection, and Moving Data Drives.…In a domain environment, you can store BitLocker…recovery information within Active Directory.…An administrator can then obtain…the recovery password from Active Directory…and use it to unlock the drive.…
To use this method, you will need to have enabled…this recovery method in the BitLocker group policy setting…shown on screen.…Microsoft have produced a useful BitLocker recovery guide…which is available for you to read…from the link on screen.…We've seen that BitLocker will react to…certain scenarios and trigger BitLocker recovery mode.…Therefore, if you wish to make changes to your system,…you need to bear this in mind.…
In situations that trigger BitLocker recovery mode,…you can suspend protection.…While suspended, BitLocker does not validate…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.