Learn how to add or remove Windows features through Control Panel. Explore what features are enabled by default and which are disabled. Enable Hyper-V if desired. Disable Internet Explorer. Then, open Settings to see the options to add and remove applications there. Explore options including Modify, Uninstall, and Move.
- [Narrator] Not all of the features available…on Windows 10 are available when Windows is installed.…Some features like Hyper-V must be installed manually.…You can enable additional features…using the Programs and Features options in Control Panel.…You can also disable features you don't use, want, or need.…To see what's available, in the search window…in the task bar, type "turn Windows features on or off."…Select it in the results.…Take a look around here and see…what's installed by default and what isn't.…
Work Folders isn't enabled, so I'll enable it now.…It's something I plan to use later.…I'll double check that Hyper-V features are installed too.…If you're studying for your MCSA exam,…make sure you enable it as well.…Make any other changes you deem necessary…for your particular needs,…and when you're ready, click Okay.…Note that you'll have to restart your computer,…I'll click Don't Restart for now.…Now let's open Settings and see…what else is available for configuration.…
Click System and let's look at Apps and Features.…
This course maps to the domain of Exam 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10, a required exam for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA).
- Configuring and supporting network settings
- Connecting to a network and configuring network locations
- Using Windows Firewall
- Managing partitions with Disk Management
- Managing storage with PowerShell
- Creating and configuring a VHD
- Creating and configuring homegroups and folder shares
- Configuring desktop apps and startup options
- Creating and deploying provisioning packages
- Using Remote Management tools
- Configuring Remote Assistance and Remote Desktop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Networking
2. Configure Storage
3. Configure Data Access and Usage
Troubleshoot data access5m 59s
4. Implement Apps
5. Configure Remote Management
What's next?1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.