This video demonstrates how to add or remove drives from a pool to expand or decrease a storage space.
- [Instructor] It's a pretty quick and simple procedure…to add or remove drives to an existing pool,…or to change the size of the storage space,…you'll set up a reconfiguration as required.…So let me now demonstrate each of these…in this and the next movie.…So to add a new drive to a storage pool,…bring up the storage spaces control panel,…once the panel is open, click on the Change Settings button,…and then notice that there's an Add Drives option…to the right in the storage pool area, click on that.…
And you'll see a list of available drives…you can add to the pool.…I'm going to add my Passport one terabyte USB drive,…select that option, and then click on the Add Drives button.…And that drive has now been added to the storage space,…I now have three drives there.…To change the size of your storage space,…find the storage space you want to modify,…and then click on the Change button…right there to the right.…From this page you can change the name of the space,…the drive letter, or the storage space size.…
Notice that I can increase the storage space size,…
- Enabling disk write caching
- Creating spanned and striped volumes
- Configuring Storage Spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Enabling USB drives
- Clearing caches
- Fixing drives
- Troubleshooting OneDrive
- Encrypting files with EFS
- Encrypting volumes and drives with BitLocker
- Configuring share permissions
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Configure Storage
2. Troubleshoot Storage Issues
3. Configure Encryption
4. Configure Share Permissions
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.