This video shows how to install a printer to be used in Windows. Most printers that connect through USB set up automatically in Windows. See what that process looks like. Also, learn about locating installation files on the web for printers that do not set up automatically.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about setting up a printer…on your Windows 10 computer.…For this movie, I'll be talking about the process…that you would use for any modern printer…that connects to your computer with a USB cable.…Once you have your printer out of the box,…plugged into power, and the ink cartridges are installed…according to the instructions, and of course…the printer's turned on, then the next step is usually…to just plug the printer into your computer…using that USB cable.…Above all else, please refer to the instructions…or the Quick Start Guide that comes with your printer.…
If those instructions contradict what I'm telling you here,…then you should stick with those instructions,…but I want to show you the typical setup process.…So I am going to plug a printer into my computer…using the USB cable.…With many if not most printers, you should see something…pop up in the task bar or a notification like this popup.…This is showing you that the computer has detected…new hardware and is attempting to set it up for you.…
- Launching applications
- Interacting with windows, menus, and ribbons
- Multitasking to switch between multiple applications
- Switching to tablet mode
- Managing files and folders with the File Explorer
- Browsing the web with Edge
- Working with email, contacts, and calendars
- Using and installing apps
- Managing display and account settings
- Backing up Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows 10
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. Launching and Managing Applications
3. File Explorer: The Windows Filing Cabinet
4. Browsing the Web with Edge
5. Working with Mail, People, and Calendars
6. Using the Other Bundled Apps
7. Installing Apps and Printers
8. Essential Settings and Customization
9. Account Settings
Sign-in security options4m 3s
10. Using Cortana to Search
11. Backing Up and Restoring
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.