Add the date model classes to the project.
- [Instructor] We need to pull data into our application…and then show it on the catalog page.…We're going to be adding new courses…at the arts center…and we want to have our app always show the latest…catalog information.…So in the real world,…you would probably have some sort of service…on the web that you would call.…In this example to keep it simple,…I'll just use some model classes.…So I've added these to the project…and the name of the first class we'll look at,…it's called workshop.…This represents one of the workshops at the center…so it has a property called title and description,…the length of the video,…who's teaching the class,…who produced the video.…
These two properties, video path and thumbnail path…are the location of the files in my assets file folder.…Again in the real world,…you'd probably be pulling this in off of a service somewhere…or rather the cloud…but in my case I have them inside the project…and then I have popularity…so that we can sort our videos…and show the most popular videos…and then finally I have a list of string…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.