This video shows how to use add a data template to the GridView, to show a tile on the catalog page.
- [Voiceover] The Catalog page…has a data template, but there's no bindings…in the XAML in the data template.…This movie will show you how to add the bindings.…I'll be working with these two text blocks…inside the data template…and I'll be binding to a couple of properties…on the Workshop class.…To be specific, I'll be showing the title of the workshop…the description of the workshop…and I'll use the thumbnail path…to get the image for the movie…to show that on the Catalog page.…
I'll start by adding an Image element to the stack panel.…Set its height to 180.…Set its Stretch property to UniformToFill.…This controls how the pixels are rendered…inside the image boundaries.…Then finally I'll set the Source property to Binding,…set that to ThumbnailPath.…
This gives us our first binding for the image.…Now I'll open up the text block…and I'll bind its Text property…and I'll also set a property called TextWrapping.…This allows the text to wrap down…to a second line if necessary.…I'll copy this XAML, I'll use it in the next text block…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.