Add the image and video assets to the project.
- [Narrator] Every universal Windows app project…has an assets folder, inside the assets folder…are a number of place holder files.…These are png files that represent your lock screen logo,…your splash screen, your store logo and…some of the other logos that you need.…Microsoft requires you to have certain number…of these files included in your project.…They also require that they have…certain file formats and certain sizes.…I'll talk more about that a…little bit later in this chapter.…You don't want to use these place holders.…You'll want to replace them with your company logo…or your app specific splash screens and logos.…
Now in my case, I've got some samples over here…that are in the exercise files folder, in the assets…folder, and then in a sub folder called app assets.…So I'll take these four files and…add them to the assets folder in the project.…I also have in this videos folder, a number of assets…that are specific to my application.…So I've got some mp4 files here, these are the…videos that we'll play and then I have these thumbnails.…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.