Add the other app pages to the project.
- [Narrator] It's time to add two additional…pages to this project, I need a catalog…page and I need a video page.…To do that, I'll right click on my project.…Choose add a new item, choose blank page…and then name it CatalogPage.…And then do the same thing but call this one VideoPage.…
Now I'll switch over to the catalog page.…It looks like it's running on a phone and…that's because Visual Studio has a tool up here…that allows you to visualize what it's going to look like.…And, I want it to look like what it's going to look…like on the Xbox, so I'll choose this 42 inch Xbox.…And now, I can go over here and I need to do a couple…other things, I'm going to change to a dark theme.…I'll do that over here in App.zamel.…
So I'll change the requested theme to dark.…And then on the catalog page, I'll put a text block.…And then I will also copy this and do the same…thing over here on the video page, so I'll go over here.…I'll change this to say video.…As I build up the application, I'll change these,…like I won't need this video text on the…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.