Follow this tutorial to learn the step to activate Developer Mode on the Xbox One. See how to switch and restart the console, get the device PIN, and enter the activation code on the Microsoft Developer website.
- [Instructor] Now, the next step is to activate my Xbox. Now that I've got the Dev Mode application installed. I'll move over to My Apps and Games. Go to the Apps section, and then in the Apps section, you're looking for this icon. Dev Mode Activation. We'll go through the welcome screen, and then it's giving me a review of what I need. My development PC is running Windows 10. I've installed Visual Studio Update 3, and I have at least five gigabytes of internal storage available on my Xbox.
Those are all okay on my machine. This is the activation code. I'll need to enter this in the Microsoft website. I have switched over to the browser, and I've navigated to that webpage. And here's where I'll enter the activation code. Of course your activation code will be different. Click on the Agree and Activate button. Now, I can see my device ID on the bottom of the page, and the console ID, and I see that here in the center of the page, it says Remaining Activations: 2.
You have a limited number of activations associated with your account. After Developer Mode has been activated, Dev Center will indicate which ones you've used here in this page. When I return back to my Xbox, you see the screen has changed. Now it says switch to Developer Mode. And, you see on the page, it says "Your Xbox One is now activated for development," and I have to switch over to Developer Mode and restart. Now of course if I don't want to do that, I can choose to restart later. But, of course I do want to be in Developer Mode, so I will start this process.
Now this can take a while. It has to restart the Xbox, which as you know, can take 30-60 seconds on a normal restart, and in this case, it may take longer because it's switching over to Developer Mode. And what I'll do is switch and restart, and then we'll look at what happens later in this chapter.
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app