Follow this tutorial to learn the step to activate Developer Mode on the Xbox One. See how to switch and restart the console, get the device PIN, and enter the activation code on the Microsoft Developer website.
- [Instructor] Now, the next step is to activate my Xbox.…Now that I've got the Dev Mode application installed.…I'll move over to My Apps and Games.…Go to the Apps section,…and then in the Apps section,…you're looking for this icon.…Dev Mode Activation.…We'll go through the welcome screen,…and then it's giving me a review of what I need.…My development PC is running Windows 10.…I've installed Visual Studio Update 3,…and I have at least five gigabytes…of internal storage available on my Xbox.…
Those are all okay on my machine.…This is the activation code.…I'll need to enter this in the Microsoft website.…I have switched over to the browser,…and I've navigated to that webpage.…And here's where I'll enter the activation code.…Of course your activation code will be different.…Click on the Agree and Activate button.…Now, I can see my device ID on the bottom of the page,…and the console ID,…and I see that here in the center of the page,…it says Remaining Activations: 2.…
You have a limited number of activations associated…
- Setting up the development environment
- Installing Visual Studio
- Creating a Dev Center account
- Installing and activating Developer Mode on Xbox One
- Pairing Visual Studio with the Xbox
- Mirroring Xbox One content to a PC
- Exploring a UWP app on a PC, mobile device, and Xbox One
- Creating a basic UWP app
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Development Environment
2. Why Build an App for Xbox?
3. Create a Basic UWP App
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.