Review how to access NTFS or encrypted volume on a failed computer, including slave drives, importing a foreign disk, and BitLocker recovery key.
- [Instructor] We know that all hardware,…and in fact, PCs and laptops, can fail.…Users never expect this,…and it can be quite alarming when this happens.…You need to be able to react efficiently…to get the user back to full functionality…as quick as possible.…This may include shipping them a new laptop.…But what happens if we need to access…and rescue the data that resides on a failed computer?…In modern times, most of the data should be stored…either in the cloud or on a traditional file server…and not on the PC.…
However, in some scenarios,…data and settings can still reside on a hard drive…and you need to be able to gain access to the information.…This could be so you can recover…any local data and settings to reuse the drive…in a new computer or to wipe the drive…so it can be used in another computer.…We need to know how to import a foreign hard disk…into a new computer, how to set the status of a drive…to be a slave drive, and how to access a disk…that's been encrypted using BitLocker drive encryption…and therefore requires a recovery key.…
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Using Windows 10 Safe Mode
- Creating a new BitLocker password
- Resolving a slow-running computer
- Managing device driver issues
- Fixing an incompatible application using a shim
- Troubleshooting computers remotely
- Troubleshooting network and remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting a VPN connection
- Migrating to a mobile device management solution
- Resolving sign-in issues
Skill Level Advanced
Windows 10: Troubleshooting for IT Supportwith Andrew Bettany3h 42m Intermediate
Windows 10 for IT Pros Essential Trainingwith Brien Posey2h 53m Intermediate
Windows 10: Provision and Manage Mobile Deviceswith Brien Posey1h 39m Intermediate
1. Troubleshooting Startup Issues
2. Troubleshooting BitLocker
3. Troubleshooting Hardware Devices and Software
4. Troubleshooting Computers Remotely
5. Troubleshooting Network and Remote Connectivity
6. Troubleshooting VPN Connections
7. Troubleshooting Group Policy and MDM Issues
8. Troubleshooting User Sign-On Issues
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.