Join James Gonzalez for an in-depth discussion in this video About Storage Spaces, part of Windows 10: Configure, Secure, and Manage Data.
- In this lesson I review Storage Spaces.…Storage Spaces is a relatively new utility that was…introduced in Windows 8, but it's included in Windows 10…that let's you multiple disks of different sizes and…interfaces, such as USB, SCSI or iSCSI…and combine them as a single, giant disk dubbed…"Your Storage Pool" which is similar to a RAID array…or an LVM on the Linux operating system.…You can divide that pool into spaces with names such as…Video Tutorials or James Spreadsheets…and these function exactly like traditional, formatted…Windows directories but that can mirror data…across multiple drives for redundancy.…
Or you can combine multiple physical drives…into a single pool of storage.…Using Storage Spaces you can even create pools of storage…larger than the amount of physical storage space…you have available.…For example, here I've combined two 2TB physical drives…to create a 10TB virtual storage space.…When the physical storage fills up you can plug in…another drive and take advantage of it's storage space…
Using the tools that come with a standard Windows build, James Gonzalez shows how to configure data storage (on client devices and on OneDrive), secure data with good authentication practices, encrypt data with EFS and BitLocker, and manage data access to shared folders, printers, and hard drives. He also shows how to set up file sharing for an organization using HomeGroup networks and NTFS permissions.
This course is also part of a series designed to help you prepare for the Microsoft exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices.
- Configuring Storage Sense
- Creating storage spaces
- Configuring OneDrive
- Setting up NTFS permissions
- Implementing multifactor authentication
- Encrypting data
- Configuring disk quotas
- Configuring folder options
- Auditing files
- Setting up file sharing
Skill Level Beginner
Windows 10 Fundamentals for IT Proswith Jim Boyce3h 3m Intermediate
1. Configuring Data Storage
2. Securing Data
3. Encrypting Data
4. Managing Data Access
5. Sharing Files
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.