HoloLens is a great tool for enterprise development. Learn about the basics of building an enterprise HoloLens app.
- [Instructor] The thing about enterprise apps…is that they tend to revolve around 3D models.…There's a basic reason for this,…when you're working with a corporation…they tend to have a central product that they care about.…So if you're working with an airplane company,…they're going to tend to want to see models of airplanes.…If you're working with a car company,…they're going to want to see models of cars…and if you just happen to be working with a company…that deals with cakes and donuts,…don't be surprised if they want to see models…of cakes and donuts.…
For a project, I've done some setting up already,…it's just for convenience.…For instance, I've already imported the HoloToolkit.…I've gone through the configuration settings…and setup our camera and project…and capability settings.…Now typically if you're working with the company,…they'll already provide you with 3D models of their products…that you can use and the goal of the enterprise app…is just to show it in a really good light.…
I'd say something like 70 to 80% of corporate projects…
Join instructors Dennis Vroegop and James Ashley for this introduction for HoloLens app development. They show you how to set up your development environment, including Unity and the HoloToolkit; how to deploy to HoloLens and the HoloLens emulator; and how to build apps that accept user input via gazes, tapping, and speech. Then discover how to use spatial mapping to detect your surroundings and analyze your environment with spatial understanding. Learn how to implement spatial sound that adds to the user's existing environment, and synchronize data to create shared experiences. Along the way, learn how it all comes together in two simple 3D apps: a visualization for enterprise business and a platform game.
- Installing Unity, Visual Studio, and the HoloToolkit
- Building an app in Unity
- Deploying to HoloLens or the HoloLens emulator
- Gaze and tapping
- Spatial mapping and spatial understanding
- Spatial sound
- Shared holograms
- Creating 3D enterprise apps
- Creating 3D games
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up Your Development Environment
Download the HoloToolkit2m 32s
2. Basic Configuration and Deployment
3. Basic Interaction
4. Use HoloToolKit
5. Spatial Sound
6. Shared Experiences
7. Games and Enterprise Applications on the HoloLens
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.