Join Timothy Pintello for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with groups, part of Installing, Configuring, and Administering Active Directory.
- Now I want to talk about working with groups.…Groups are collections of users.…Groups can work as security principles.…Groups can also contain other Active Directory objects.…And groups can assign permissions to large…numbers of users.…One thing to remember about groups…is that users can be members of more than one of them.…You can also use groups to grant rights.…You can use these groups to grant rights…to multiple users.…You can also assign user access to a specific resource…by adding that resource to a group.…
You can change or remove access for all users in a group…at one time by removing that resource…from the group as well.…Groups can contain other Active Directory objects.…They can contain users, computers,…and other groups.…There are two main group types.…One is a distribution group.…Distribution groups are used for groups…not related to security.…Distribution groups can be used to distribute something…such as a patch or an update to more than one user.…
Security groups is the other group type…and security groups are used to grant resource rights…
- Understanding what a domain controller does
- Adding and removing domain controllers
- Configuring a global catalog server
- Creating and managing users and computers in Active Directory
- Working with groups and organizational units
Skill Level Beginner
1. Installing Domain Servers
2. Creating and Managing Users and Computers in Active Directory
3. Creating and Managing Groups and Organizational Units in Active Directory
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.